The primary objective of the post-secondary support program is to assist eligible registered band members to gain access to post-secondary education, to graduate with the skills and competencies needed to pursue individual careers.
Our Vision is “Together we will build our future on values, knowledge and potential of all our people by encouraging a balanced approach to life-long learning.”
It is the mission of the George Gordon First Nation Post-Secondary program to encourage and support eligible members to acquire university, technical or professional certification so that they can become economically self-sufficient and develop their individual potential to further their own aspirations and contribute to the economic progress of the George Gordon First Nation.
Application Forms and Student Policy Manual:
Application deadline dates are as follows:
- March 15th – Spring-Summer ( May-August )
- May 30th – Fall-Winter ( September-April )
The following documents are required to be submitted with your application:
- Letter of Acceptance from the educational institution you are applying to.
- Grade 12 Transcripts. ( i.e. High School, Adult 12, GED)
- Registration of Classes to be taken during the semester/academic year.
- Photocopy of Certificate of Indian Status Card.
- Photocopy of Health Cards for yourself and children being claimed.
- Copy of Child Tax Benefit Notice.
To ensure that your application is processed in a timely manner, please submit the completed application forms and required documents to the post-secondary coordinator by the appropriate deadline date to: