The George Gordon First Nation Daycare is currently seeking applications for the position of Early Childhood Educator. The successful candidate will be responsible for the children in all aspects related to the development of their learning skills, hygiene, health, welfare and safety. Under the direction and supervision of the Daycare Director, the Childcare worker will assist with the preparation of activity programs based on the centre’s philosophy and policies in compliance with the Touchwood Agency Tribal Council Childcare Regulations and Policies.
- Minimum Early Childhood Education (ECE) Level I
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Possess a First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Possess a Safe Food Handling Certificate
- Possess a WHMIS Certificate
- Experience working with children
- Immunizations and proof of tuberculosis test as per TATC Childcare Regulations
- Valid driver’s license CPIC/Vulnerable sector check.
- Plans, organizes and leads daily activities
- Maintains constant supervision of indoor and outdoor play periods
- Direct and assists children with developmental everyday needs
- Follows good safety and hygiene practices
- Cooks meals and prepares snacks
- Participates in training opportunities that may arise
- Encourages open communication with parents, staff and children
- Performs other related tasks that may be assigned.
- Other related duties as assigned by director.
- Based on work experience, training, and education.
Application Deadline: 1:00 PM, September 28, 2022
Forward cover letter, resume and three (3) references by fax or email to:
Email: email@example.com Fax: (306) 835-2036
Applicants will only be considered if all the required documentation is received by the closing date. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.