The George Gordon First Nation (GGFN) is seeking two (2) experienced individuals to maintain the George Gordon Arena. The individuals must have an interest in working closely with the public by providing exceptional customer service in a recreation complex environment. (Adhering to all Precautionary measures regarding COVID 19), Those with knowledge of recreation facilities, the ability to do physical work, have good communication and customer service skills are ideal candidates. The length of this term of this position entirely depends upon the climate.
- Minimum grade 12
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of heating, electrical and plumbing equipment.
- Experience in the maintenance of ice and the operation of a Zamboni
- Good communication skills
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- CPIC and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Ensure that all equipment and machinery used in the arena work effectively and is maintained on a regular basis
- Repair equipment with minor breakdowns or issues
- Building maintenance such as cleaning of lobby, bathrooms, dressing rooms, removal of garbage, etc…
- Assist with operation of timeclock and other services during hockey tournaments
- Maintain a clean and safe area including safety equipment such as smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, and defibrillator
- Operating Zamboni to clean ice, setting holes for nets, and other ice related duties
- Provide limited supervision and participation at all arena functions and ensure arena rules are followed
- Assist with setting up and putting away tables for special events
- Other related duties as assigned
- Based on work experience, training and education.
Application Deadline: 1:00 PM, January 13, 2022
Forward cover letter, resume and three (3) references by fax or email to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (306) 835-2036
Applicants will only be considered if all the required documentation is received by the closing date. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.