The George Gordon First Nation is seeking a positive, highly motivated and organized individual for the Minor Sports and Recreation Coordinator. The Minor Sports and Recreation Coordinator will ensure there is a variety of sports programing available to the community’s youth. They will support youth in their athletic aspirations. This position will have varied hours, including evening and weekends. The successful candidate will be required to travel and stay away from home at times. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and facilitate minor sporting activities within George Gordon First Nation.
- Source and apply for outside grants to help support the program.
- Ensure participants are ready and prepared for TATC, Provincial and Federal sporting events.
- Source funding and organize the yearly family camp.
- Process minor sport funding requests, as per policy.
QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A minimum of three years of sport and recreation experience.
- Proven record in writing successful proposals for grants.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent administrative, computer and interpersonal skills.
- Vulnerable sectors report.
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Based on work experience, training and education.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 24, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Forward cover letter, resume, current drivers abstract, vulnerable sectors report and three (3) references to:
Human Resource Manager
Fax: (306) 835-2036 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will only be considered if all the required documentation is received by deadline. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.