The HCC Registered Nurse Assessor/Hospital Liaison is responsible for assessment, supervisory and clinical nursing skills to effectively assess, client care and establish positive hospital liaison program with George Gordon First Nation and hospitals. He/she will also coordinate home care staffing services in such a way as to meet the needs of the clients effectively while encouraging client independence, family and community support. The HCC Registered Nurse Assessor/Hospital Liaison will screen, refer assess, review and evaluate case plans of the Home Care services and ensure those services are consistent with the philosophy, objective and policies of the Saskatchewan First Nation Home Care Program.
- Program Service Delivery:
- Perform assessments/reassessments using the appropriate assessment tools, within the budgetary restraints of the GGFN HCC Program.
- Provide case management.
- Develop care plans based on assessments.
- Prepare client specific needs and maintaining accurate client files.
- Prepare client specific task lists with instruction to the Certified Care Aide, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Respite and Administration, Maintenance Worker and all specialized GGFN HCC, specialized contracted services including Dietician, Foot Care and all Registered Psychologist.
- Work collectively with the GGFN HCC Working Team and GGFN Diabetes Team.
- Providing information with the Physicians and Hospital Staff on the GGFN Home and Community care clients’ admission to promote continuity of care and facilitate early discharge.
- Follow through the client’s progress, re-evaluate needs and recommending adjustments to the GGFN HCC client care plan.
- Planning and arranging for GGFN HCC services so the client receives the needed care and support on discharge from hospital.
- Program client independence.
- Act as a resource person and professional liaison for the client and their family.
- Supervise the GGFN HCC Team: Certified Care Aides, Maintenance Worker, Specialized nursing services and contract services, e.g. Foot Care, Dietician, GGFN Meals on Wheels.
- To provide initial and ongoing orientation of new GGFN HCC Team.
- Assign client care, based on assessed need.
- Review monthly calendars on case plans in planning client time.
- Review monthly statistics.
- Program Development:
- Participate in planning, development and evaluation of GGFN Home and Community Care Program.
- Implement, establish and build positive working rapport with hospitals.
- Participate and report to the GGFN Health Committee.
- Participate in planning and facilitation ongoing education sessions.
- Participate in GGFN CHP annual work plans.
- Collaborates with and maintains communication with the hospital personnel regarding referrals to the GGFN HCC to meet the client needs of GGFN.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Must be a Registered Nurse, in good standing with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurse Association.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing from accredited post-secondary institute.
- Demonstrate supervisory, leadership, managerial and computer skills.
- Have at least three years’ experience in home and community care setting.
- Demonstrate ability in public relations and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed and have demonstrated organizational skills.
- Willing to work a variety of hours which may be evenings and weekends.
- Ability to keep accurate written records.
- Ability to work as a member of team.
- Must have current C.P.R. certification.
- The ability to speak the language of the community is an asset.
- Previous related experience working in a First Nations community is an asset.
- Adhere to the George Gordon Personnel Policy, at all times.
- Valid Saskatchewan Driver’s License.
- CPIC and Vulnerable sector to be completed annually.
- Must have a valid Third-Party Liability Insurance if using own personal vehicle.
- Based on work experience, training and education.
Application Deadline: 12:00 PM, September 23, 2021
Forward cover letter, resume and three (3) references by fax or email to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (306) 835-2036
Applicants will only be considered if all the required documentation is received by the closing date. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.