Description of position
The casual store cashier responsibilities include calculating total payments received during a shift and reconciling with total sales. The position also counts money at the end of a shift and note any discrepancies.
- Assisting with shelf-stocking, clean up, and displays
- Keeping the register area neat and stocked with essential supplies
- Counting money in cash drawers at the beginning of a shift
- Handling rain checks, exchanges, and refunds
- Rectifying any price discrepancies and resolving complaints from clients
- Bagging, boxing, or gift wrapping merchandise for clients
- Issuing the correct change due to the client
- Using electronic scanners to identify the price of the merchandise
Non-essential functions and tasks
- Assists in other areas of the store as necessary.
- Being detail-oriented with basic mathematical skills
- Ability to focus on the satisfaction of customers
- Time management and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to remain helpful throughout the work shift and develop a courteous approach to resolving complaints
- Ability to lift heavy items, walk, stand, and work with other team members to provide excellent service in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service skills and a high level of energy
- Ability to handle cash transactions responsibly and accurately
Application Deadline: 12:00 PM, September 30th, 2021
Forward cover letter, resume and three (3) references by fax or email to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (306) 835-2036
Or Drop by the 4 Claws Retail and give Kenny Longman your resume.
Applicants will only be considered if all the required documentation is received by the closing date. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.