The George Gordon First Nation is seeking two (2) positive, highly motivated, and energized mature individuals with strong values for the position of Youth Wellness Worker. The successful candidate will assist in delivering a family wellness program and will be responsible for organizing effective sport, culture and recreation programming for all youth and their families of the GGFN. Under the supervision of the Wellness Co-Ordinator this position will provide coordination to support the program objectives for the development of youth programming.
- Develop, co-ordinate and deliver youth wellness programs, projects and activities including existing coordination of current programs ie: Sask. First Nation Games, NAIG, FSIN Championships etc.
- Network and create partnerships with various departments of George Gordons First Nation community resources and outside support services and resources including local schools
- Develop and monitor program budgets
- Prepare reports as required and maintain an accurate data system to collect evaluations and data per activity
- Proposal and grant development to secure alternative funding sources
- Provide transportation and youth supervision as needed
- Performs all other related duties.
- Minimum Grade 12
- Diploma or Certificate in Early Childhood Education, Youth Care, Addictions, and/or Community Development or a combination of experience and education
- Computer skills, including MS word, Excel, Power Point, and email
- Knowledge of the GGFN sports, culture and recreation program objectives and community values
- Demonstrating skills in budgeting and proposal development
- Excellent teamwork, skills and the ability to establish a working relationship with community members
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Valid Class 5 drivers
Application Deadline: 12:00 PM, September 23rd, 2021
Forward cover letter, resume and three (3) references by fax or email to:
Email: email@example.com Fax: (306) 835-2036
Applicants will only be considered if all the required documentation is received by the closing date. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted