The George Gordon First Nation is currently seeking applications for the position of Cook. The successful candidate(s) will be responsible to prepare and cook healthy meals daily, following a menu plan, maintaining a clean kitchen, and eating area.
- To organize kitchen materials, equipment, and food in an efficient manner.
- To ensure all food is stored in clean, safe containers.
- To be responsible for the overall operation of the kitchen.
- Kitchen sanitation.
- Cleans, sanitizes the customer seating area according to a daily schedule.
- General knowledge of Canada’s Food Guide.
- To maintain equipment in good condition, and to inform the Four Claws Retail Inc., Board of Directors of need for repair or replacement of equipment.
- Menu and inventory planning.
- Adhere to budgets when purchasing food and/or supplies.
- Experience in cooking and baking.
- Ability to cook for a large group of people.
- Ability to work with other staff members.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Original Criminal Record Check (CPIC).
- Valid Safe food handling certificate.
- WHMIS certificate.
- First Aid/CPR certificate.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Proof of Saskatchewan Driver’s Abstract (3 years).
Application Deadline: 12:00 PM, July 13th, 2021
Forward cover letter, resume and three (3) references by fax or email to:
Email: email@example.com Fax: (306) 835-2036
Applicants will only be considered if all the required documentation is received by the closing date. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.